New York International Internship Opportunities
New York International is currently seeking a postgraduate intern to begin in the summer of 2017. The internship is for 4-6 months (Paid).
Intern – Editorial / Digital
In all our team members we look for people who have strong editorial, digital and organizational skills and who will focus on providing outstanding service to our partners, clients, readers, and friends through digital media and innovative communications strategies.
Our editorial and digital intern will assist in providing editorial content for the website each week including publicizing events and articles via social media channels and our newsletters in addition to planning events for international clients. Our events and conferences focus on promoting international innovation exchange and connecting global innovation hubs.
- Posting about NY Intl’s articles and upcoming events and conferences via social media (primarily Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook)
- Covering key events in the NYC startup/innovation scene, writing summaries
- Drafting and sending invitations to conferences and events
- Managing RSVPs and event registrations via an online platform
- Location branding (signs, banners, branded decorations)
- Overseeing vendors & on-site management at events
- A desire to work at a young, entrepreneurial company — hands-on with a “no job is too small” attitude
- A strong interest in the startup scene & innovation worldwide
- Highly computer literate & some experience using WordPress, Squarespace desirable
- Some knowledge of Adobe InDesign, project mgmt. tools and email distribution systems an advantage
- Strong grammar, writing, interviewing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, a high degree of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, and self-direction
- Diligence, organization, and vicious attention to detail — ability to prioritize
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and project management skills
- Familiarity with various social media platforms. Must be active on at least 2 personal social media accounts.
- Familiarity with spreadsheets and online tools such as DropBox and Google Drive
Working for New York International gives you exposure to a large network of innovators across emerging industries such as FinTech, IoT, Smart Cities and Media, a great opportunity for anyone looking to break into these industries or looking to get experience working with startups. We are a small entrepreneurial company where new ideas are encouraged, some of our previous employees have gone on to successfully launch their own startups.
Please send your resume, digital profile (websites, blogs, LinkedIn profiles), and a paragraph on why you are interested in working for New York International to firstname.lastname@example.org
About New York International
New York International is at the forefront of innovation management and economic development. Founded in 2012 in New York, New York International has become the prime partner for startups, economic development agencies, and corporates for applied innovation management and business development.
We scout, work with, or support several hundred startups from NYC and around the world annually. At the same time, collaborate with trade commissioners, cities, and countries from all over the world on strategic trade and business development initiatives.
For more information on us, download our overview here.